NSA Mountain West Speakers Association?
If you are speaking professionally, NSA Mountain West is a great way to connect with a community of expert speakers. NSA Mountain West provides professional development opportunities, encouraging support and education to advance your knowledge and skills of the speaking profession.
NSA Mountain West Members and Apprentices get “More For Your Money!”
Two Categories of Joining:
Professional Member—NSA Mountain West is an Affiliate Chapter of the National Speakers Association (NSA). To have full “Professional Membership” in the NSA Mountain West, you must also be a member in good standing of NSA National.
Candidate—If you are an emerging speaker who has not qualified for NSA National Membership, you are invited to participate as an Candidate of NSA Mountain West. Our association is committed to providing opportunities for Candidates to grow into full Professional Membership in both NSA National and NSA Mountain West Chapter.
Your presence on our chapter website www.tohirespeakers.com:
* Your bio
* Your Photos
* 6 Speaking Topics (so meeting planners can search and find you based on your expertise)
* Articles You Write and Post on Website (so meeting planners can search and find you based on your expertise)
*Priority placement on the website of NSA National Members and Certified Speaking Professionals.
*New in 2010— a special “Candidate Speaker” section of the www.tohirespeakers website.
Members and Candidates can access your many VALUABLE membership benefits including:
* MP3 Downloads of the NSA National Convention and Workshop Recordings (This would cost you $349 each to purchase on your own. Doesn’t it make your NSA Mountain West dues look “valuable”?!” Now multiply $349 by 7. We have 7 years’ worth of recordings available for your own Professional Development!
- Dowload NSA Mountain West and Mountain West Speakers Association logos to use on your own website and for print publications.
- eSpeakers Basic Account ($179 value) comes with your NSA Mountain West Membership
- NSA LinkedIn lets other members know about your success, questions, challenges, news. Keep track of what’s happening in NSA Mountain West and NSA National. Stay connected.
- Mark your Calendars. Watch the news and events on www.tohirespeakers.com for preview of upcoming NSA Mountain West meetings and the great guest speakers we’ve invited to join us in Utah, Idaho and Montana.
- Pro Speakers Blog Join the conversation with other professional speakers.
- Participate–Volunteer–Be There! From 6:00-6:20 each month we have a new member/visitor orientation at our Salt Lake Meetings. Learn about the many opportunities for you to contribute your time, energy, enthusiasm, stick-to-it-ness, leadership, followership, engagement, expertise and talents with NSA Mountain West.
- SHOWCASE We will co-host a Speaker’s Showcase Meeting Professionals International and the NSA Mountain West will be co-hosting a speaker’s showcase spring of 2012. Get ready, start budgeting to participate, get signed up.
NSA Mountain West Membership Requirements:
1. Members and Candidates agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct and the By-laws of the NSA Mountain West
2. Members and Candidates will always conduct themselves in a manner which will promote a positive image of the NSA Mountain West.
3. Members and Candidates will keep their dues current. (Dues are $250.00 per year for NSA National Members or $375 per year Candidates(speakers who are not NSA National Members are “Apprentices.”)
4. Members and Candidates will respect the intellectual property of other speakers and members and will not use any other member’s materials without written permission of the member owner.
5. Members and Candidates are responsible for keeping their www.tohirespeakers.com bio page and articles up to date.
6. Members and Candidates agree that the NSA Mountain West is not a bureau, and is not responsible for securing speaking engagements for members. Each member is responsible for booking his/her own presentations and negotiating his/her own travel, contracts, fees, etc.
7. Members and Candidates may also agree that if he/she is booked for a speech by a meeting planner who contacts the speaker through this website, the member may donate up to 10% of the speaker fee to the Mountain West Speakers Association for the continued support and maintenance of this website.
7. The life blood of any organization is the strength of its membership. Each member agrees to make every effort to recruit quality people they feel would be an asset to the group and give each member all possible support once they have joined.
More benefits of joining the NSA Mountain West
1. Members and Candidates will receive a professional presence through a profile in the NSA Mountain West website’s Find A Speaker section. You will be able to utilize the NSA Mountain West MEMBER Logo on your own marketing materials, adhering to logo use guidelines.
2. Strength in numbers. Instead of trying to promote yourself solely at your own expense, you are able to utilize the resources of many other speakers through a professional association.
3. You have the added credibility of belonging to an established group. You can build your speaking career stronger and faster with the assistance of others in the association.
4. You have a strong referral network of highly qualified professional speakers who know and respect your abilities and will be happy to recommend you for speaking engagements that fall outside their areas of expertise but match yours.
6. NSA Mountain West conducts 10 – 14 monthly professional development training which you can attend in person or via streaming video broadcast.
7. NSA Mountain West holds a, one-day “Get Paid to Speak” event to provide our members with intensive, up-to-date training on how to grow and succeed in the speaking industry.
Please join us for our next meeting, in person, or via streaming video.
If you would like to join us…
Pay your dues via the PayPal links on the left column of this page.
NSA National Members join as “Members” $250 per year.
Speakers who have not joined NSA National join as “Candidates” $375 per year.