Find a Speaker is a free service for meeting planners and event organizers provided by the National Speakers Association: Mountain West Chapter.
• Post your speaker request online using our “speaker request form.”
• Request proposals from one speaker, or any number of speakers, from our Chapter Professional Membership.
• View speaker profiles online and connect to the speaker’s personal website
• Search by speaking topics
• Find articles written by the speaker.
Get Ready to Hire the Right Speaker, Our Speaker Request Form will request the following:
Brief Description of Event
Your Contact Info
Who are our Professional Speaker Members?
National Speakers Association: Mountain West Chapter “Where Professional Speakers Gather to Grow ™ “
serves over 80 speaking professionals in Utah, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming.
NSA The National Speakers Association (NSA)
is the premier organization for professional speakers. Since 1973, NSA has provided the most comprehensive resources and education designed to advance the skills, integrity and value of its members and the speaking profession.
NSA seeks to always advance professional speakers’ skill sets in four core areas:
• Eloquence – The art of speaking and the use of powerful and persuasive presentations. This means creating the proper setting for an effective presentation as well as the concrete skills related to presenting, performing and theatrical methods.
• Expertise – The knowledge, skills and experience in a specific area. Speakers should know which body of expertise is ideal for them and be able to effectively research and develop their content.
• Enterprise – The purposeful undertaking of a successful speaking business venture. This includes business management, sales and marketing knowledge, as well as the skills necessary to generate income through speaking engagements and other revenue streams.
• Ethics – The principles or standards governing the conduct of those in the speaking profession. Ethics is the foundation and summation of the three other competencies. It is about who you are as a person — both personally and professionally – and encompasses your reputation, character and integrity.
Professional Member NSA:
NSA’s thousands of members include experts in a variety of industries and disciplines, who reach audiences as speakers, trainers, educators, humorists, motivators, consultants, authors and more.
To be eligible for Membership in NSA, speakers have met one of the following professional membership criteria:
Option 1 – Speaker has received compensation for 20 or more presentations within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements.
Option 2 – Speaker has given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation: a letter from your employer.
Option 3 – Speaker has earned $25,000 or more giving presentations (number of speaking engagements does not matter) within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be: contracts, paid invoices, check copies or tax returns showing speaking income.
Certified Speaking Professional® CSP
The highest earned designation in the speaking industry is the Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) designation. Conferred by the National Speakers Association, the CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. Meeting professionals looking to hire the best of the best will recognize the CSP’s commitment to the profession and the speaker’s track record of professionalism and success.
Only the top 10 percent of speakers earn this credential.
CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame®
Admission into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame® is a lifetime award for speaking excellence and professionalism. Inductees are evaluated by their peers through a rigorous and demanding process. Each candidate must excel in seven categories: material, style, experience, delivery, image, professionalism and communication. The award is not based on celebrity status, number of speeches, amount of income or volunteer involvement in NSA.
To date, 219 men and women have been inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame®. Up to five new inductees are named each year at a gala celebration held in conjunction with the NSA National Convention. There are currently 168 living members of the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame®.
Global Speakers Federation (GSF)
NSA is a member of the a global network dedicated to advancing the speaking profession worldwide.