Why Join the NSA Mountain West Speakers Association?
If you are speaking professionally, NSA Mountain West is a great way to connect with a community of expert speakers. NSA Mountain West provides professional development opportunities, encouraging support and education to advance your knowledge and skills of the speaking profession.
NSA Mountain West Members and Candidates get
“More For Your Money!”
NSA National Professional Members Join Mountain West Chapter:
Professional Member—NSA Mountain West is an Affiliate Chapter of the National Speakers Association (NSA). To have full “Professional Membership” in the NSA Mountain West, you must also be a Professional Member in good standing of NSA National and purchase an All Access Pass or Opt-in to our Chapter.
Chapter Helps You Become a National Professional Member:
All Access Pass—If you are an emerging speaker who has not qualified for NSA National Professional Membership, you are invited to participate as an Candidate of NSA Mountain West with your purchase of the All Access Pass. Our Association is committed to providing opportunities for Candidates to grow into full Professional Membership in both NSA National and NSA Mountain West Chapter.
With Your All Access Pass, you can access many VALUABLE speaker professional development and marketing benefits, including:
Market your speaking business with a presence on our chapter website www.tohirespeakers.com
- eSpeakers Starter Account ($179 value) eSpeakers is the largest directory of professional speakers in the world.
- Your photo and Bio on the Mountain West Chapter Website www.tohirespeakers.com updated via eSpeakers
- Promote 6 Speaking Topics
- Post Articles You Write on our chapter website so meeting planners can tap into your expertise.
- Join the conversation with other professional speakers on SpeakerBiz Blog
Professional Development and Networking
All Access Pass holders receive an advanced & discounted registration opportunity to the much anticipated NSA Mountain West’s Speakers Academy beginning in September of each even calendar year. Our next Academy will begin in 2018.
Admission to all NSA Mountain West Professional Development Meetings are included in your All Access Pass. Simply register as an All Access Pass holder
Can’t attend in person, or want to hear that great speaker again? The member login section of the www.tohirespeakers.com has Video Downloads of all 2013-2016 Mountain West Speaker events in Salt Lake.
Spouse/Staff Discounts: Bring your spouse or staff members with you to each of our monthly meetings at a significantly discounted registration rate (excludes Opt-In)
Mark your Calendars. Watch the news and events on www.tohirespeakers.com for a preview of upcoming NSA Mountain West meetings and the great guest speakers we’ve invited to join us in Utah, Idaho and Montana.
Participate–Volunteer–Be There! From 6:00-6:20 each month we have a new member/candidate/visitor orientation at our Salt Lake Meetings. Learn about the many opportunities for you to contribute your time, energy, enthusiasm, stick-to-it-ness, leadership, fellowship, engagement, expertise and talents with NSA Mountain West.
You have the added credibility of belonging to an established group. You can build your speaking career stronger and faster with the assistance of others in the association.
You have a strong referral network of highly qualified professional speakers who know and respect your abilities and will be happy to recommend you for speaking engagements that fall outside their areas of expertise but match yours.
NSA Mountain West holds a, one-day “Get Paid to Speak” event to provide our members and guests with intensive, up-to-date training on how to grow and succeed in the speaking industry. Admission is included in your All Access Pass!
And Much Much More!
NSA Mountain West Membership Requirements:
1. Members and Candidates agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct and the By-laws of the NSA Mountain West
2. Members and Candidates will always conduct themselves in a manner which will promote a positive image of the NSA Mountain West.
3. Members and Candidates will keep their dues current. (Dues are $250.00 per year for NSA National Professional Members or $425 per year Candidates(speakers who are not NSA National Professional Members are “Apprentices.”)
4. Members and Candidates will respect the intellectual property of other speakers and members and will not use any other member’s materials without written permission of the member owner.
5. Members and Candidates are responsible for keeping their www.tohirespeakers.com bio page and articles up to date.
6. Members and Candidates agree that the NSA Mountain West is not a bureau, and is not responsible for securing speaking engagements for members. Each member is responsible for booking his/her own presentations and negotiating his/her own travel, contracts, fees, etc.
7. Members and Candidates may also agree that if he/she is booked for a speech by a meeting planner who contacts the speaker through this website, the member may donate up to 10% of the speaker fee to the Mountain West Speakers Association for the continued support and maintenance of this website.
8. The life blood of any organization is the strength of its membership. Each member agrees to make every effort to recruit quality people they feel would be an asset to the group and give each member all possible support once they have joined.
More benefits of joining the NSA Mountain West
1. Members and Candidates will receive a professional presence through a profile in the NSA Mountain West website’s Find A Speaker section. You will be able to utilize the NSA Mountain West MEMBER Logo on your own marketing materials, adhering to logo use guidelines.
2. New in 2012 a Speaker’s Academy. All Access Pass holders receive advance registration for this bi-annual event.
3. You have the added credibility of belonging to an established group. You can build your speaking career stronger and faster with the assistance of others in the association.
4. You have a strong referral network of highly qualified professional speakers who know and respect your abilities and will be happy to recommend you for speaking engagements that fall outside their areas of expertise but match yours.
5. NSA Mountain West conducts 10 – 14 monthly professional development training events which you can attend in person or via video recordings.
6. NSA Mountain West holds a, one-day “Get Paid to Speak” event to provide our members with intensive, up-to-date training on how to grow and succeed in the speaking industry.
7. Strength in numbers. Instead of trying to promote yourself solely at your own expense, you are able to utilize the resources of many other speakers through a professional association.
Please join us for our next meeting.
Questions?… Contact our Amazing Chapter Administrator: Colette Lynch at 801.541.7259